Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jill's Tomatillo Dressing

I love the tomatillo dressing at Bajio, Cafe Rio and Costa Vida. I always ask for it, on the side, when I order their salads.
I haven't had a chance to try this particular recipe yet though. If any of you try this please let me know what you think and how it compares!

6 tomatillos
1/2 - .87-oz. packet buttermilk ranch dressing
1 - 1.1-oz. packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip
1 C. chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
2 T. chopped garlic
1/2 C. lime juice
1 C. buttermilk
1 C. mayonnaise
1/2 C. milk

Peel husks off tomatillos and discard. Wash tomatillos and place in blender along with all remaining ingredients. Blend until a fine sauce forms. Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 2 cups.

*52 Weeks of Proven Recipes For Picky Kids, Jill McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment